Skip to main content

Edge of life... !!!

I watched 2012 the other night. Good movie and quite different from the other movies made around the same theme. Cos this one focussed more on the relations and the emotions rather than the graphics of the destruction of the world. what happens wen u get to know that you are at the edge of your life.... ??? what is the first thing that will come to your mind...and will u realise then at tht point that that wold perhaps be the last thing....??
my friend attended this course back home called 'Art of living'. Many people speak high of it...In one of its classes the participants were told to call their parents, whereever they lived in the world, and tell them how much they loved them. To kids who have not been affected by the cruelty of self esteem and ego, this was not a big deal. But the older the participants more the hesitancy. My friend is not fortunate enough to be that young. He kept pushing away this matter. He always found reasons to not call his dad and tell him how much he meant to him. One fine day after some conscious awakening in the class, my friend decided to do it the first thing the next day morning. He went back home all happy about his decision and slept with a smile on his face. In the middle of the night he gets a call telling that his dad passed away.....

Of all the things that we lose as we grow 'mature' and 'wise', it is such small things that matter the most as change the beauty of life. Imagine if we get a call one day from some old school friend who tells how much he misses you, or a younger sibling telling you how he considers you to be a role model and owes his success to you. We all are happy to be recipients of such praises and such moments, but what stops us from expressing our gratitude or love to the ones who deserve it in our lives ?
ego ?? self esteem ?? pride ???
but is it worth it ??? to not give one moment of happiness to someone in your life cos that would supposedly bring down ur image in front of your eyes....
Get up and tell someone in your life what you love about them, tell someone how much they mean to you, tell someone that they make you laugh, tell someone how important they are to you in your life.....Cos trust me tomo is really a mystery...
In life it is important to love yourself as well as others. But sometimes it is more important to show that love to the ones who matter....
Get up and fill the air with love and happiness.... :)

Comments

  1. tats true will it work for all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. im really sorry that im commenting so late..but i got to know abt this blog today..and checking it now..so its all new for me atleast..i dont have internet connection,i dont blog either..
    this was an interesting one..rather i felt was it a sequence of some movie.really sad bout that friend of urs..well,2012 is nearing..no one knows who's gonna live after that..but stil hopeful..my mom says it shud happen massively so that nobody survives left away from loved ones..thats true to some extent..its hard to live with only memories of loved ones.. we want someone to love,someone who loves us.,someone to share,to fight.,to laugh..,thats all is life..the end is not known..before we die we achieve few attributes and give some memories to others we love..we dont take anything from here coz we dint get anything onto this world..certainly its a ghost round the corner scaring to kill people..dont know how it would be if everyone knew their day of death..if not everything good,people would have tried bad things first..coz they knew they not gonna live long..life moves on..i've done art of living course as well..its good but for someone who is safe above the ground level it is certainly amazing..but fr someone below it looks like his legs are chained..Sri sri ravishankar guruji has to answer it..not me..but wat i wanted to say is that..life just moves on and on...all sorts of phsycological and theme based thinking will always be a private property..its all implemented by self..nobody can do miracle to change people's way of thinking..i liked the way u said show love and happiness..yes,its true..it has to be shown..expressed..,conveyed..showered..coz u never know who wil stay with you..,who will leave u alone..this moment is urs..,not the next pulse..thats a very Good post Dhivya..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't we ruined enough?

Sometimes we are at a loss for words. Let us get in touch with our inner selves.  The inner us which sent thoughts non stop.  the inner us which is silent now.  We often make mankind look bad, forgetting that we are one amongst it.  Does the sun change for you? It probably does, but we are too pessimistic to find out.  This world is a bad place to live in.  But why? The earth and the skies are all the same.  They have not changed. Then why? It is us. We have ruined our lives and the world.  - from the old writings, when i was hurt by seeing what destruction man has caused the beautiful nature

Breaking what I created.

I form the trees as I walk. I form the clouds as I walk. The thick dark clouds, that let no hope pass through when I look above for a sign of positivity, a ray of sun. Everything closed with thick black clouds. It is not even the night. It is the morning. The trees and the clouds covering everything that could have shown me light. It isn’t the world. This is just for me. This is just my world. I see nothing above, the ground beneath. On firm ground, I stand but I wish I weren’t. I wish the ground would suck me into it. But no, it is hard, hard like a rock. Telling me that I have closed this path too for you. You have nowhere to go. I am not opening my doors to you.   The trees loom over me. As they tower and their long branches fall down. I hold to one hoping to swing out of this but I cannot. I am too heavy for myself. My baggage is pulling me down. I cannot even carry myself off the ground. I jump hoping it would be high enough for me to cross over to the other s...

A fulfilling and incomplete love story

You looked at me. I turned you around & pointed. You wanted to give up, I wanted to give in. Yet my heart nudged for I understood better than you. as to why you wanted to give up, as to why she said out & yet wanted you. as to what you had done to cross the hurdles to get to her. I put on a smile, cut the grass ahead, and pushed you to go as she stood by the sun, waiting for you. I encouraged you to run. to run to her, to clear all shadows of doubt, to remove all clouds of confusion, to see the life you could have with her, the one she always wanted, the one you always worked for. As your eyes met hers & locked in gaze, I looked down, once again. The content feeling of a love story that survived yet a lone heart, walking away from the hopes that lied.