Skip to main content

Fine...? !!

She asks me if I am fine.
I force my lips to a curve and say, 'Ya, I am great. How about you?'
She begins her stories about her life so filling yet all the small little misfits.
But my mind has already drifted to the deep treacherous pits.

'Fine'. What is it?
If it is not crying myself to sleep every night, then yes I was fine.
If it is being ok amidst people with dreams in their eyes, then yes I was fine. 
If it is about laughing at the jokes others crack, then yes I was absolutely fine. 
Why then did I have to fake, 'Ya, I am great. How about you?'

Every night closes yet another day. 
A day that started with 'why, oh why'.
I tried to stay busy with the things that don't matter.
Things that don't remind me of the pain & that take me farther.

Each breathe, each day is a struggle.
A lie that tells you 'everything will be alright'.
Illusions too many, mirages plenty.
Where I am, as lost in the day as in the night.

Blinded by the sands of memories,
I can't seem to rub them away. 
The more I fidget with my tears eyes,
the longer they seemed to stay.

As the dreams came shattering down, 
only painful memories were spared.
Gone were the trust, faith and the strength to love.
All I wanted to do was run and never come back.

Each step on the present was taken.
I ran, I scampered and had no sense of direction.
A step here, a hop there but I fell again.
I resolved to stand up but i was three steps behind again.

Everyone was moving ahead.
Joys, smiles and happiness.
I was stuck in a loop.
I stand I fall, I stand I fall, I stand......
and I fall again. 

It was sleep I wanted.
The one that wouldn't wake me.
the one where I could fly over the clouds.
And the one where I could see me.

It isn't love or lust that I seek.
isn't fulfillment of the heart or body that I crave.
It is but a purpose that will make every moment fresh and new.
A purpose so that I no longer have to fake,'Ya, I am great. How about you?'.

Comments

  1. there should be a stronger purpose u seek,
    god made u strong not weak.
    for,it isint u who chose to blame,
    i am sure u will stand up strong again.

    it may sound monotonous and lame.
    to listen to stuff again and again.
    u have overcome ur weakness and pain,
    god will not let your efforts go in vain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haven't we ruined enough?

Sometimes we are at a loss for words. Let us get in touch with our inner selves.  The inner us which sent thoughts non stop.  the inner us which is silent now.  We often make mankind look bad, forgetting that we are one amongst it.  Does the sun change for you? It probably does, but we are too pessimistic to find out.  This world is a bad place to live in.  But why? The earth and the skies are all the same.  They have not changed. Then why? It is us. We have ruined our lives and the world.  - from the old writings, when i was hurt by seeing what destruction man has caused the beautiful nature

Breaking what I created.

I form the trees as I walk. I form the clouds as I walk. The thick dark clouds, that let no hope pass through when I look above for a sign of positivity, a ray of sun. Everything closed with thick black clouds. It is not even the night. It is the morning. The trees and the clouds covering everything that could have shown me light. It isn’t the world. This is just for me. This is just my world. I see nothing above, the ground beneath. On firm ground, I stand but I wish I weren’t. I wish the ground would suck me into it. But no, it is hard, hard like a rock. Telling me that I have closed this path too for you. You have nowhere to go. I am not opening my doors to you.   The trees loom over me. As they tower and their long branches fall down. I hold to one hoping to swing out of this but I cannot. I am too heavy for myself. My baggage is pulling me down. I cannot even carry myself off the ground. I jump hoping it would be high enough for me to cross over to the other s...

A fulfilling and incomplete love story

You looked at me. I turned you around & pointed. You wanted to give up, I wanted to give in. Yet my heart nudged for I understood better than you. as to why you wanted to give up, as to why she said out & yet wanted you. as to what you had done to cross the hurdles to get to her. I put on a smile, cut the grass ahead, and pushed you to go as she stood by the sun, waiting for you. I encouraged you to run. to run to her, to clear all shadows of doubt, to remove all clouds of confusion, to see the life you could have with her, the one she always wanted, the one you always worked for. As your eyes met hers & locked in gaze, I looked down, once again. The content feeling of a love story that survived yet a lone heart, walking away from the hopes that lied.